When people see us attending these events, they are seeing a final product. But do your friends, peers, and colleagues really know just how much time, effort, and money goes into looking show-ready? I did a lil’ digging thanks to the help of a couple of friends (…who shall remain nameless 😉 to give everyone a little bts insight.
First, let’s start with HAIR. Everyone has their own signature look. Some looks are lower-maintenance, some require trips to the salon, and some require some DIY know-how. Cue:
Any guesses on how much a bag of extensions might cost in terms of hours worked?
Let’s talk LASHES! Lashes really give that boost of looking awake even though maybe you stayed up a little late the night before and are slightly dying on the inside the morning after (…not that I would know anything about that, ha ha). They also enhance your look when taking pics/vids. I personally prefer lash extensions just because they’re less time consuming and lower maintenance once they’re applied versus messing with glue-on strip lashes. I’m telling you, once the corners lift, your night is O-V-E-R! So for the latter reference, just how many pairs of lashes should one bring for a week-long event? We’re enlightened here:
Pro-tip from our friends: always bring extras!
Strip lashes typically run anywhere between $4-5/pair for the drug store brands, and upwards of $11-$20/pair for faux mink or more luxe lash lines. I still love good old fashioned Ardell lashes that run around $4/pair and still look fly. You don’t always need to spend major to look amazing. 😉
And what about wardrobe, shoes and accessories? Any advice from our friends on how to organize your different looks during multi-day events?
Okay, so maybe not so much. LOL
Hey, no judgement… you’re usually shuffling with limited time between different events and parties, so keeping organized is not always the easiest.
Pro-tip: pull together looks when packing so as not to overpack (and possibly exceed the airline’s 50lb. checked luggage weight limit)!
Finally, what about MAKEUP? In an ideal world, we’d all have our own personal hair/make-up artists to glam us up in a snap, but for most of us, it’ll take some quick-handed finesse to get the job done…
So I think it’s safe to say that if you see a well put together performer (in any circumstance, but especially) at one of these shows, give them a compliment and let them know that you appreciate his or her efforts.
We answer a really common question that is asked by new cam performers.
Be sure to follow us on social media @streamatemodels to ask us your questions!
Question: Am I allowed to sell videos in exchange for GOLD via direct download links on Streamate?
Answer: No. This method of sending Streamate members your videos was previously the go-to, but was phased out after the release of Streamate’s updated Video Gallery features.
In this video, we show you 2 different ways that you can sell and send videos straight from your Streamate Video Gallery. Watch now 🙂
It’s #FeatureFriday once again, where we share cool features about the Streamate Live Cam Network! Today, we are highlighting “GOLD”!
GOLD is a type of currency on Streamate. Gold is not to be mistaken for tokens… Streamate is a non-token based site. There is no pre-purchasing of Gold involved on the member’s end.
Gold is used as a mode for members to “tip” models on Streamate apart from paying the per-minute rate for an actual paid chat session. Members have the ability to tip models Gold during Free Chat, Paid Chat, or Gold Shows. Models can request Gold, or members can give Gold at their liberty.
How Gold Works
(1) Gold = (1) unit of currency
(Ex: 1 Gold = $1.00)
If a member from Great Britain tips a model who is in the US 1 unit of Gold, Streamate will automatically use the member’s local currency (in this case, GBP) and convert it into USD on the model’s end at the current exchange rate. The amount of Gold given will reflect the converted amount in USD (at the model’s current payout %) on the model’s Earnings Report .
If a model is running a Gold Show, the buy-in amount listed on the member’s end will automatically appear as the converted rate in their local form of currency.
How Members Use Gold
There are a few ways that members may utilize Gold on Streamate:
- To tip a model in either free or paid chat
- As a mode to send model money in exchange for special perks or extras (within SM guidelines)
- To buy into a model’s Gold Show
How You Can Use Gold
Gold is an opportunity for you to get creative, for example:
- You can incentivize members by trading “perks” for Gold, such as digital content (videos or pic sets in direct download format)
- You can request Gold in your Room Topic in exchange for fun previews or member interaction (within Streamate guidelines)
- You can request Gold in exchange for member interaction via a “tip-activated” vibe
- You can run “contests” for your highest tippers, etc.
- You can host interactive activities that encourage member participation
- If you promise a member content in exchange for Gold, be sure to tell the member to send you a message via Streamate mail after they send you Gold in order for you to deliver the content. Models are unable to send messages to members without the member initiating the message first. Always deliver the content to your members as promised and in a timely manner.
- Be creative as you like when using Gold, but always be sure to adhere to the Performer Code of Conduct. Violating the Code of Conduct will put your account at risk for suspension.