“Everything’s Fine: Why We Resist Mental Health Support”
Thursday, May 26th
11:00am – 12:30pm (PDT) / 7:00pm – 8:30pm (CET)
Register in advance
Please join us for our next TEA TIME virtual community event, presented by the Streamate Network!
“Community Tea” is a series of open group discussions revolving around our topic of the day with commentary by YOU, our lovely guests!
This month, our topic is “Everything’s Fine: Why We Resist Mental Health Support.“
In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month, we’re partnering with Pineapple Support and special guest speaker, Devin D’shae, APCC, to discuss this month’s topic.
From cultural and social stigmas, to stigmas directly linked to sexwork and the adult industry, inaccessibility, or possibly a general lack of information–there are a number of reasons why one might hesitate to seek mental health support in times when they truly need it. In this discussion, we’ll expand on some of these reasons in addition to the possible ramifications when proper mental health support is not received.
Rules for the group discussion:
- Keep your mic muted unless you are actively speaking
- Be respectful and considerate of others
- Refrain from talking over others- allow each participant to articulate their thoughts before chiming in
- No doxxing or sharing sensitive/private info about yourself or others (ex. legal name, exact geo location, etc.)
- Keep in mind that this conversation is open to all performers, regardless of their chosen platform(s). Hence, the conversation may include references or info that’s specific to other platforms.
- Please redirect any support-related questions to Streamate Model Support: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to streamatehelp.com/support .
*By registering for this event, you agree to follow the rules as listed above.
Advance registration required. After registering at the link above, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. We hope to see you there!
Note: this event is limited to those who work in sexwork and/or the adult industry. All registrants will be verified prior to the live event.
About Tea Time
Launched in January 2022, this monthly virtual event series explores a wide range of topics related to business, lifestyle, health, and beyond. Guest speakers will include performers, creators, experts, and community activists who will share their wisdom and experiences through candid, relatable roundtable conversation. Tea Time will take place on the last Thursday of each month from 11am-12:30pm (PST). This event is open to all performers (regardless of their chosen platform). Keep an eye out on Streamate’s official social media channels for future announcements!